I wish everybody on DA all the best for the next year- no matter whether your situation is good or difficult. Optimism and a positive attitude may be a key to deal with life - even though this can be difficult.
I will try to make this year a year full of art and inspiration- but I also have to say that I have started a challenging job as PhD student and may not have the time for art that I wish to have.
All the best for everybody! A random tag by Selina99999 - I thought it was funny to do and I was too dead for anything else XD
1. What's your name/ nickname if you prefer?Mystic or something
2. Do you like being surrounded by many people?
Nope 3. Do you think people in your real life consider you normal? NOT AT ALL (Normal people are terribly boring)
4. Do you think there are things that make you stand out from the normal? Too many to mention
5. Would you mind telling us...? That I’m crazy in many aspectsTherian, rebellion, hyperactive, super-night-owl, quite selfish Oh and my mind has been as dark as Stian’s (my fav OC) – except for the fact that I never took action and have ran away from the cause of frustration (which we kinda share), while Stian started fighting. My solution seemed to work better than Stian’s solution though XD
1. How did you end on DA?Too long ago to remember, randomness I guessWanted to dump my art somewhere2. Do you still have the first deviation you posted in your gallery? No because I have changed account – my old account was Mysticwolfy (I thought that wolves were too f*cking popular and I don’t draw wolves anymore so…it was time for a change. 3. Do you keep your old deviations as memories? Sometimes, but most are in storage because they are too horrible to look at. But I do keep ALL of my art, no matter how horrible. Then it´s at least good to see the improvement XD4. Would you favorite a well-made piece of art although you are not interested in that >topic/style< of art at all? Sometimes if the art inspires me somehow.
5. Do you think get feedback/watchers groups are useful? If I get mature feedback I find it useful. Groups don’t really bring extra views though.
1. Do you have OCs?What a superfluous question.
2. How many?
> 100 3. Do you do fanart? Nearly never. Only to sell it on conventions – which I don´t do anymore.
4. Do you think original art deserves more credit than fanart? Yes
1. Do you watch anime?Sometimes, pretty rare. Wolf´s Rain is an exception
2. Do you read manga? No3. Do you think you can be too old for these?No, of course not. People who think that are terribly boring and suck.
4. Prefer movies or series?Movies
5. Why? Movies take less time
7. Favorite book?My own book in production, but I actually don’t read books
6. Favorite genre? (Semi) scientific stuff
7. Can you be friends with people who have not one common hobby with you? Hardly8. Is making friends in real life easy? Making contact is easy for me, but becoming REAL friends is something one can’t force – it comes naturally 9. Are you religious?
No10. Do you enjoy discussions?
Most of the time11. Can you fall in love with a person without physical attraction? Maybe
12. Do you personally do something against global warning/clime changes?
Everything I can13. Do you donate for noble causes?
I donate several nature conservation organizations and the animal welfare organizations.14. Do you like animals?
Superfluous question – look in my gallery15. How well do you do with plant care? (house plants) Depends on the plant. The ones I have now manage to survive the polar night and the polar day.
Siderians (Metafelis lamnis
) are large mammals of the order carnivora, family Felidae, and have the appearance of a powerful and ambush predator. The average siderian looks like a felinehybrid: with the general narrow but powerful body shape of a tiger, the graceful appearance,long legs and facial anatomy inspired by Oriental cats and the big paws of an Eurasian lynx. They are as tall as a small horse (150-160 cm at the shoulder), but weigh less than a polar bear (between 300 – 600 kg). The braincase is large, and the unique folding pattern of the brain gives them exceptionally high cognitive skills and abilities to sense detailed information in metaphysic energy. They use their energy-sensitive lightals (little metal blades on their ears and muzzle) for this. Siderians roam the Northern hemisphere with the highest density in the Rocky Mountains, Norway & Sweden, Siberia and the Alps. Siderian societies are complex; they form dynamic family and/or groups which mostly resemble fission-fusion communities seen in domestic cats and spotted hyenas. However, siderians are independent of each other for hunting survival and can perfectly live solitary. They create common information and metaphysics resources they call 'metaclusters' and this is where individuals from all over the world can come together to exchange knowledge.
Siderians are not the only member of the genus Metafelis.
Javines (Metafelis arvalis
) are a very close relative of the siderian and some would consider them as just a southern subspecies of the siderian. Javines and siderians can produce fertile hybrids but generally avoid interbreeding. Javines live in savannah, grassland and tropical woodland areas. They are generally smaller and finer build than siderians but otherwise look rather similar.
Canovines (Metafelis silvae
) are smaller and more robust metafelines that mostly dwell in tropical rainforests and tropical woodlands. They are more solitary than the other members of this genus and tend to be rather conservative. Canovines look like tiger-clouded leopard hybrids; they have a slender but tiger like body, with short legs and a very long tail and are well adapted for climbing.
Arctians (Metafelis arctica
) are tundra-hunters living in prides like lions. Of all the metafelines, they are the ones mostly build for running. Their anatomy has similarities with the sabertooted cat Homotherium serum
. They are smaller than javines and siderians, but their thick winter coat and the lion-like manes of the males make them look rather impressive.
See here the species sheets:
- the other two will follow…once. This is the graphic novel- more a comic- that I’m working on right now. It is actually a side-line of my main story and the main aim is to learn how to make a comic. But I do love the story and the characters so I will finish it.
Large predators come more and more in conflict with each other and this is especially the case for siderians and northern hyenas in Eurasia. Betrayal and corruption invades the societies of both species. Yves, the little white siderian cub lost his parents in a fierce conflict. Saved by a hyena clan that passed by, he was raised to spy on his own species. The love with a beautiful black siderian, made him struggles to choose a side, while both parties try to manipulate him. He does everything to escape from their grip and tries to sue for peace between the two species. Yves has to use his mind carefully. This is my main-story and will be the first volume of my ‘masterpiece’. It will not have the common comic-form but will be more a mixture of text, illustrations and some pages in comic style. I have already started working on this one, but it will take many more years.
The Scandinavian hometown of Sigrid, a young biologist has recently been rampaged by a ferocious siderian. Her father lost his beloved brother and he devotes his life to find and kill the murderer. Sigrid makes it her mission to find the reason behind the raid the increasing incidents of siderian attacks on people in general. Elsewhere, in the capital Eurasian metacluster, two intelligent young siderian males notice these conflicts too. They are quickly dragged into their self-determined role as detective and scientist. A few weeks earlier, in the forests of Norway, the fierce white siderian named Thalarctos storms into the neighbouring territories of Yava and her family. He accuses her favourite cousin, who has gone missing, for having murdered his son. Thalarctos promises that he will destroy everything that will hinder him from taking revenge. Yava and her other cousin Goran are getting worried and take action, while conflicts with people and other large predators start to become an increasing threat.
Some scenes and work related to this volume This is my main-story and will be the first volume of my ‘masterpiece’. The ideas are in my mind but the story is still developing
Disunity prevails between groups of people and siderians. Some fight for sustainable coexistence between humans and large carnivores like siderians, while some try to eradicate the other species. Fear, loss and suffering has ruined the lives of many humans and siderians. Scarred by the past, Stian takes the most rigorous measures of all siderians. Unable to live peacefully on a planet together with the species he hates most, he has only one mission: to get rid of humanity. Some siderians share the same rage and join Stian’s action group. Resistance comes from every corner but hope and hate is what keeps Stian and his followers alive.
Scenes and work related to this volume Stian - Stygian Stígandr Sætansen
My all time favourite who has invaded my brain and never left since the very first time he made his thunderous entry, the 20th of August, 2009. The White Devil even got his own folder: blackmystica.deviantart.com/ga… Some of my other favourite OCs
Some characters that appear in Theory of Mind
Yves, Sasha, Noiro, Sabi
Some character that will appear in Predator Control
Goran, Tristan, Adler, Morten
Some characters that will appear in Mutual Exclusion
*Falkner, Vivanna Friends - who’s artwork I also love! People with inspiring artwork
(no particular order) Siderian/metafeline fanart and art trades* *Art trades : I usually only do art trades when I ask for it myself and when I consider the quality of your art as somewhere similar to mine – I’m really picky. Not because I don’t like your work, but because I mostly lack time. Siderian/metafeline characters of other people